Miri bohemeGorgeous, handmade bohemian clothing, accessories, jewelry, and all-natural beauty products. Visit our brand new Bohemian Bridal section!
Miri boheme has been in the online business since 2012, and has a 5-star rating on Etsy. Click here to see our reviews!
Miri jewelry is all handcrafted using unusual elements from all over the world.
Beauty products are handmade by a certified aromatherapist (me!) using only the finest ingredients. All raw materials are organic or wildcrafted when possible.
Only sustainable and/or recycled materials are used for all products, marketing, and packaging.
All items are carefully and responsibly sourced.
- Almost all fabric items are created with vintage and antique textiles and vintage notions (tassels, buttons, etc.).
- The remaining fabric items are created using newly-reated textiles handmade by indigenous people across the globe (Ecuadorian hand-woven alpaca textiles, for example).
- Jewelry is made with new and vintage or antique materials.
- All of the body products contain organic ingredients, wildcrafted when available.
- All shipping supplies and marketing materials are done on recycled stock and are biodegradable.
Everything is made by me.
- With the exception of a few unmodified vintage items (noted in the listings), I create everything you see in my shop.
We are part of a global woman's economic network.
- For example, the sari supplier in Delhi is the single mother of a young boy, like me. She gets all her saris from village women during buying trips to remote places in India. She makes a living for herself and her boy, I make a living for myself and my boy, and the village women make a living for themselves and their families!
We are trustworthy/we know what we're doing!
- The textiles are hand-picked by me with my supplier's assistance. She is very knowledgeable in fiber content, origin, and traditions relating to her fabrics. Over the few years I've been involved with this world, I have learned so much from her and from independent research and writing my blog. You can trust our fabrics! Each one has a beautiful story that will be passed on to you.
- I am a certified aromatherapist and have written MUCH on essential oils and their uses. I have had many years' experience as a practitioner, consultant, and teacher. I think it's vital to return to a holistic way of taking care of ourselves. It's so much more effective and so much better for the planet and our own sense of well being.
Garments and Jewelry
These are made with vintage fabrics and supplies and there will sometimes be little flaws such as stains or teeny holes. Although not considered a "flaw," some pieces that are embroidered or beaded have exposed threads on the back. I attempt to use only the most perfect pieces and always check for quality prior to shipping, but if I miss something and the piece is not acceptable to you, I will take it back for full refund or credit.
If an item is undamaged, but not what you expected, I would be happy to exchange it or refund your purchase price.
If an item is damaged during shipping, I will refund or replace the item, including all shipping costs, when I receive the original back.
Body Products and Skin Care:
The skin care kits cannot be returned or exchanged. The regime takes several months to work and is not guaranteed. As described in the listing, this regime is geared toward clearing closed comedone acne and general clogged pores. This regime is NOT geared toward clearing any other skin conditions. The ingredients are all natural and will not harm your skin. You may initially experience additional clogs, but this is normal.
If an item is undamaged, but not what you expected, I would be happy to exchange it or refund your purchase price when I receive the product back in original condition.
If an item is damaged during shipping, I will refund or replace the item, including all shipping costs, when I receive the original back or when a photograph of the damage is provided.
Unless otherwise stated (for example, with a custom item), all items are shipped within 3 business days of purchase.
I always use United States Postal Service First Class. Delivery within the U.S. is within 2-3 business days. If you need something quicker, let me know and I will be more than happy to accommodate you. I will send you a list of options for you to choose from and we can add any additional costs to your invoice.
For international orders, I ship via USPS First Class International. Purchasers are responsible for any duties and/or taxes levied at the point of entry into the destination country.
As part of Miri's commitment to sustainable business practices, all purchases will be shipped in very attractive recycled, biodegradable packaging.
Each is unique, with texture, color, and pattern like you've never seen.
Each tells its own story of far-away lives and mysterious places.
Each is an inspiring little journey.
Miri products are created from a place of deep respect and love. I choose only the most beautiful, valuable, and storied fabrics available on the market. These are recycled fabrics, infused with life and love from their previous owners, the suppliers, me, and now you! Working with these fabrics is an honor for me. I feel connected to the weaver, artist, community, and culture they came from.
Fabric has, in the past and today, been a central aspect of human culture. It is used ceremonially and in daily life. It communicates status, gender, education, wealth, power, and much more about an individual and a community. The importance of fabric to the economy and social cohesion of a community cannot be overstated. Some (myself included) even believe that weaving and other textile arts may be a crucial factor in our survival as a species. Dramatic stuff! Visit the blog for more musings...
Believe me, I have tried millions of recipes and concoctions over the years. It's been fun and frustrating, but I finally think I've figured some stuff out. Visit the blog for tips and recipes.
I became a certified aromatherapist under the great Jeanne Rose and have published many articles on natural beauty and skin care. Hopefully my book, Great Wylde Angelica Aromatherapy: From Magic to Medicine, will be available soon!
I'm a mom, designer, photographer, entrepreneur, and archaeologist!
In addition to running two online shops, I am an archaeologist and technical editor at a cultural management resource firm in New Mexico. I became a certified aromatherapist under Jeanne Rose. I write two blogs and have published one book on archaeological monuments in Wales and many articles on natural beauty and skin care.
Miri boheme is located at:
422 Vassar Drive SE
Albuquerque NM 87106
Don't see what you want?
I am very happy to do custom orders for any occasion.